View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 12:22 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Geez, going through all posts and tracking all changes must have taken some time. Thank you.

I was actually wondering how did you know that faddy's case is G106 as I did not see G106 mentioned anywhere... until this morning. I looked specifically for this last night but could not find it. This morning I started the computer and the browser was still opened on the post I was looking at last night and G106 was there. Tired evening eyes...

To confirm the G106 dimensions, the inside clearance is 25mm and the PCB ledge is 10mm. PCBs are usually 1.6mm but if we round it to 2mm we have 25 - 10 - 2mm = 13mm clearance, just as you said.

Can we get the 106 case here? I found a case with the same outside dimensions here but there are no drawings to confirm the inside dimensions. Alternatively if we run out of space Jaycar has the same boxes but with 55mm height. Not the best but...

If we get too desperate with the too long capacitors, depending on space it may be possible to solder them with "long legs" and then bend the legs 90 degrees so that the capacitor is on its side instead of upright. Then a bit of hot glue tends to hold them in place quite well.

I saw the printed parts in faddy's design, that's why I mention the 3D printer :-)

And I may be able to source some of the small components that come in bulk packaging from work. I also have stacks of SMD resistors/capacitors at home but have to check sizes.

Regarding mechanincal parts, what is the plan to cut the openings in the box? Get it milled somewhere or drill-and-file method :-) And what about the copper finger?

Do we have a proper drawing of the nose piece adaptor? I may ask around how much it would cost to get it made. I also remember someone getting a cheap DSLR extension ring from ebay and gluing it to the front of the box :-)