View Single Post
Old 17-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
that would make a pricey gimmick.
A "gimmick" is generally a marketing feature that exists for its own sake - something that's (subjectively) utterly useless. The fact that the sky is usually cloudy of late doesn't detract from the intrinsic usefulness of this device (as per its design criteria) when the conditions in which it was designed to operate are evident.

I absolutely understand that people who can't afford much more than food might be angered by the "extravagance" of such a device. I'm not sure that's reason not to own one if if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
Someone gave me an ipod nano 16gig and I think it's very clever andcan watch movies on it etc. But the peripheries when added up came to half the price of the magic box. They could have used a simpler interface and allowed generic connection. It's just marketing and I don't appreciate that sort of marketing
I can't see it, and think that this is misleading. Maybe you can be a little more specific. You get the 30-pin to USB cable with the unit. What more did you need? What other "peripherals"? "Allowed" generic connection? Via what exactly?

Last edited by Omaroo; 17-03-2012 at 11:41 AM.