View Single Post
Old 17-11-2018, 04:34 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
Any reason you wouldn’t use the New focus f3.9 and a good barlow to get f7.5 etc rather than a reducer on the Cass?????
Plenty. There's a coma corrector for the newt and a big overhang already. The cassegrain side is also a lot easier to collimate and more rigid with plenty of back focus. Makes sense to use that end. I haven't finalised how I'm going to automate focus yet. At the moment I have a moonlite at the cassegrain end so I don't have to move the primary. For the newt in visual it is very awkward to look into the eyepiece and extend your arm to the back of the scope to focus. That's 80cm away. So if you image in newt mode you need to move the primary. This means in the long term I might have to get a starizona micro-focuser, feathertouch kind of setup and mount a sharpsky pro on it like I did for the C11. But I'm more interested in the immediate to image at long FL at the cassegrain focus. This is why I got the scope and moved away from the Mewlon 210 which had a smaller uncorrected imaging circle. This one is dead flat across 39mm.

Last edited by multiweb; 17-11-2018 at 05:01 PM.