View Single Post
Old 19-09-2018, 04:29 PM
glend (Glen)

Sell it, Give it away, or Demolish it?

Here is my problem. My four year old ROR observatory, which I have enjoyed so much, looks to have no future in my new life. This is due to my heart condition, and likely relocation/downsize to somewhere nearer my adult kids. What do I do with it now?

Do I try to sell it with the house, knowing that many people will not want it for its designed purpose, nor understand what it is and it's value?
Do I try to sell it to an IIS member in the Classifieds on the basis that it was designed to be flat packed out on a trailer if required?
If I can't sell it (and I would not ask for much anyway), can I give it away on the basis that someone comes and disassembles it and takes it away? I am not likely to be able to help much with disassembly due to my health, other than pointing out how it was put together and reverse engineering the build.
Do I simply hire a bobcat or backhoe to demolish it and take it to the tip? I would hate to see it go out that way.
It is built on timber posts, so the floor structure could be cut loose, heck it is even feasible to slide the whole obs onto a flat bed car carrier type trailer and take it away as a unit.

The concrete pier and footing would be a problem, maybe I could pass it off as a bird bath mount, I would not want to have to dig out that footing, or the posts for that matter.

Any ideas or advice? Do you want it?