View Single Post
Old 23-07-2013, 10:20 PM
stanlite (Grady)

Got my New Toy :D

Well i got my new toy's today.

QHY9mono from Gama Electronics
and a SX 7 position filterwheel with Baader LRGB filters
and SX OAG with Baader MPCC mkiii

i chose this system as it was the cheapest way i could get an OAG 7 position mono camera. I drew out the light path and with the new MPCC which from the m48 thread is 57.5mm.

Without filters the entire light path is exactly 57mm add on 0.66mm for the filters and another .33mm for the glass infront of the CCD sensor and you have a grand total of 57.99mm

The filterwheel is a work of art, I literally pluged and played has had no issues finding filter locations (even as yet unassigned NB filter positions). Filters went in without a hitch (although i am unsure if i installed facing the right way There where V's on the edge i put them all facing away from the CCD).

The CCD has been a real breeze to use (even easier then my QHY8L). All in all total time to assembly package from scratch 30mins plus an hour to find the correct gain and offset which appears to be 24%gain 105 offset.

I will do a right up on the entire setup once i get it out in the dark but so far i am impressed.

On a side note all objects where ordered on the same day and arrived on the same day ... many of them from Germany lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMAG0460.jpg)
199.6 KB52 views
Click for full-size image (IMAG0461.jpg)
195.5 KB65 views
Click for full-size image (IMAG0464.jpg)
200.0 KB53 views
Click for full-size image (IMAG0465.jpg)
198.5 KB66 views