View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Well, can you give me your gear and I will smash it (actually I will just tell you that I smashed it, for you it will be the same thing anyway, right? )

Seriously now, you just need to try again, and what is most important, you need to know what you are doing at each step and why.

And yes, weather issue is frustrating.. but this is part of this hobby..
Hmmm, LOL Bojan, yes, I will keep at it, trouble is, I forget what I did last time, then fiddle and fiddle some more, and in the end stuff it all up. Better data would be nice, so I think I might start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandum View Post
Chris, You can improve vignetting in photoshop. I had a go and got this. Here's what I did :-

Open the image. Make a copy of it as a layer. Select this layer and pick filter/noise/median from the menus. Set radius to max and click ok. You now have a blurry image which is mostly the gradients. Now use the clone stamp tool to blot out any brightness from the target (M20), or any bright stars etc. Now select filter/blur/Gaussian and turn up the pixel size to smooth it out. Now blend this blurry layer as difference and adjust opacity to suit.

This works most of the time and a bit of trial and error gets you used to it, but flats really are a must have to start with
Thanks Robin, did you do that to my single image or my stack? PS is another issue I have, seems some reading needs to be done.

Thanks for the tips on how to do it, I will give these a go when I have calmed down somewhat.

Dont know how processing is supposed to be fun, it drives me insane......

Thanks

Chris