View Single Post
Old 17-03-2013, 04:01 AM
MrB (Simon)
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronobob View Post
I just now also removed the Stopper and 'T' rings, as a matter of curiosity, but then the other thread left on the MPCC MKIII does not match the Dlsr T adapter thread
It is an M48 thread. I believe it is the 2" filter thread, originally intended to allow you to screw 2" eyepieces directly to the mkIII... in which case one of these EOS adaptors should work.
However, a 2" filter thread is M48 x 0.75mm pitch, I have a set of thread pitch gauges here and the M48 thread on the mkIII has a best fit on the 0.6mm pitch gauge. I am not sure what to make of this. I have also read elsewhere of M48 x 0.6mm used for 2" filter thread.
I do not have anything else at hand this size to try it with, so if you do, be very careful... if you feel any resistance, don't force it.

Quote:
Also, Taking the mpcc T-ring off, will alter the distance of the corrector lens to the chip, only a few to 5mm, in this case, not sure if this is critical tho ? ?
Yes it is critical. The lens to sensor distance is 55mm +/-1mm, which doesn't sound too critical with a 2mm range, but I have read of people "fine-tuning" this distance with spacers to get optimum correction, suggesting there is a sweet-spot.