View Single Post
Old 15-02-2017, 11:28 AM
rsevs3 (Ryan)

Thanks Luka. I was flicking through the GD yesterday.

I would be keen to grab a spare board if there are a few, saves having to get another batch made up. Unless there is enough interest to get another batch made with any revisions since the last lot was made.

Help would most definitely be welcome for the FTDI chip. I have one of those magnifying lights, but experience and the right equipment can make life a lot easier. I am sure some kind of beverage could be supplied to say

I had a quick look at the BOM, I was hoping to have more of the parts but it looks like I might only have some of the passives. Better some than none I suppose. I might start a spreadsheet on the drive to track what I need and if anyone down under needs some more parts can chuck them on that order (within reason of course )

I think I might go for a Cam86. It will give me a chance to get up to speed with you guys, get some experience with this kind of thing (my last CCD project was a failure). A Cam10 would be sweet as well, but i have to make a start on Cam86 before I worry about that.

My AP interests are everything that is in the sky, but I suspect that like most, I'm guessing, DSO will be the majority. There is just so much too see. I spoke to the place that my scope was purchased from to get the e-mount adaptor and they were going to have to start calling all their supplies. Im sure I could find one online but I have a webcam lying around that I dont use, so I started butchering that up last night just to get me started.

Last night while I was playing around with my webcam I had my first experience with dew. Got me thinking, the TEC for the CCD is a decent heat source. Would that have enough heat on the hot side to be used as a dew heater? I was thinking if it was water cooled with the scope as the heat sink. A closed loop water circuit that is bled up properly might not even need a pump, just convection could be enough to get the required flow. I have to stop getting ahead of myself.

Being so close to the city, it would be easy to get some viewing in and the go enjoy the nightlife. If you find yourself wanting some darker skies, hit me up and we can go explore the hills to find somewhere good.