View Single Post
Old 17-02-2015, 07:18 PM
dawong (Derek Wong)

Hello:

I wanted to add some information to the thread from the USA. I bought an FC-50 reducer from Astro-Century. Moriya the owner/contact told me that they could not accept Paypal except through a relative. Although I thought that was weird, I felt that I was protected by Paypal. In addition, the site was too primitive to be an effective scam site. Finally, I didn't think someone would go through that much trouble to get used prices on all of the items they had.

In any case, I got the reducer that was in excellent condition. I may buy one or two more things from the site.

As far as the FC-60, it is a very nice scope. The old scopes are made a bit differently than the newer ones, and I do prefer the FC style. The FC-60 may not get as deep due to the lack of multicoating on fluorite, but I can tell you that the figure on mine is quite excellent. I also enjoy the fact that I can get more magnification with the same eyepieces, which is important in these tiny apertures.

If the FC-60 is pending from Astro Century, you may want to contact a gentleman named Koji Matsumoto via one of his Astromart ads. He can get an FC-60 because they appear with reasonable frequency on the Japanese auction sites.

Derek