View Single Post
Old 27-05-2010, 01:13 PM
David Fitz-Henr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
Are you using the Paracorr designed for STL PSB-1100? If so, how hard is it to adjust the distance?

James
Hello James,
No, I'm not using the STL PSB-1100 Paracorr. I'm using the Universal Paracorr with Tele Vue's 2.4" Imaging System (IS) camera adapters / spacer rings. Televue states on their website that the STL PSB-1100 is suitable for systems ranging from f3.5 to f5. The Paracorr optics are suitable for systems from f3.5 up to f8. My current system is f6, and as I also used it with a DSLR for a short period I bought the Universal Paracorr. I initially used the adapters recommended by Televue (ie. a 0.375" + 0.25" + STL adapter) which gave a distance to CCD chip of 54.9mm (taking into account the optical backfocus of 37.3mm for the STL-11000). I have found that this is not good enough however, and that using 0.5" + 0.25" + STL adapter (giving a distance to CCD of 58.1mm) gives greatly improved results.

From these tests, I am skeptical that the STL PSB-1100 would give optimal results over the whole f3.5 to f5 range, although I am not able to test this currently.