View Single Post
Old 27-07-2020, 10:40 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsavage View Post
I have a 183MC. First camera I have ever tried using for Astrophotography. Managed to get my first subs on Saturday night.

I messed up my flats and was unable to use them. The image below is using my darks only. I am not even 100% certain I got the darks right to be honest. I asked some questions elsewhere regarding my flat frames and I was told that if I get them right I will be able to get rid of the amp glow. Have seen plenty of pictures taken with the 183 cameras that do not have amp glow present so I am confident it is possible.

Once again bear in mind that these are the first photos I have taken with the camera so by no means are they anywhere near perfect. I just felt it was a great opportunity to give an example from a very novice user.
Correct darks remove the amp glow not flats. Flats handle uneven illumination of the sensor like vignetting and dust donuts.
Don't use Biases.
Amp glow is a hassle to a point. You need to have exactly correct darks otherwise it does not remove it. With the various combinations of settings you need a lot of different types of darks to match the light exposures.

When properly matched the amp glow seems to disappear.

Greg.