View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 10:40 AM
darrellx (Darrell)

Hi All

Well it looks like my long wait is nearly over. I have just received notification that my new mount is on the way. Now I am getting really excited.

There are a few issues I will need to resolve before it arrives. I have logged onto the AP User Group and posted a question, but I have a few questions that I would prefer to throw open here on IIS.

So........ for any one who currently owns an AP mount, I am wondering how many bothered to purchase the Astro Physics Control Centre (APCC) software. If you have got the software, I am wondering if you think is was a worthwhile purchase. I do have an observatory, but I expect that the mount will spend equal time at the observatory and at home. It will probably stay setup for a month or two before being moved. I would therefore consider it to be a semi-permanent setup.

Til now, with my EQ6, I have been happy and comfortable with CdC, SGP, PHD2. I also have SN7 but have only ever used it as a planetarium tool. I am wondering if it is worth the expense to purchase APCC.

The other option is MaximDL. From what I have read, this is pretty good software and ticks a lot of boxes for mount control and photography. If I go down this path, do I get the Pro version or go for Pro Suite and get MaxPoint.

Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
darrell