View Single Post
Old 20-01-2019, 11:53 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Well, gave it a test run last night and it behaved much better, as it was really windy the guider obligingly lost the star a few times.

I did run in to two issues but it will be a while before I get a chance to try to replicate them. I sent it after the Tarantula nebula which needed to have the scope to the east, pointing west as it was past the meridian but it tried to point with the scope to the west, pointed east. EQMod captured that and stopped the slew before anything crashed into the tripod as I have meridian limits switched on. Aside from that I pointed elsewhere and I let it do an auto flip which was successful but on completion of the flip APT crashed out to the Windows desktop. It did not release the camera driver when it crashed as the cooling stayed on, but when I restarted APT and reconnected the cam it turned off the cooler. Next time I set it up I will see if I can replicate the crash on flip but I will keep the cam cooling turned off so it is nicer to the chip if it crashes out again and I have to reconnect. That is connecting via the ASCOM driver for my cam (ZWO ASI294 Pro)

Is that a possible feature request? Have APT poll the camera driver on connection and if the cooler is turned on already, pick it up at the same temperature target and cooling power to match what the driver is doing? That would save wild temperature swings if the cam has to be reconnected with the cooler already running.