View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:51 AM
ngcles
The Observologist

Hi Pat,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseous View Post
Thanks Les, that digital recorder sounds the way to go. Might have to invest in one, despite the stick I'll cop from the missus about muttering to myself in the dark.
Many smart-phones have the capacity to record voice memos so you could use that. On the other hand if you are worried about the stick from the missus, it could be worse as she'll probably assume you are out there at the 'scope talking to your girlfriend. I used the dedicated recorder because (1) I've had it for 15 years now and it pre-dates most smart-phones and (2) the phone is usually otherwise employed playing music through the car-speakers or other sound system.

Back when I lived in the big-smoke, I frequently used to observe with a group of friends and they got used to it. It was always funny when we had a "stranger" with us and I'd often hear whispered in the darkness "... is he talking to himself"?

One of the good things about these tiny devices is that once turned on, you can pop it in a pocket while you mutter on and still have two hands for the ladder.

Best,

L.