View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:28 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Ah, so that how the (nearly) entire region looks like! Awesome image Mike, as always

I really enjoyed browsing the large resolution image. Perhaps a silly question - but any idea what those streamers coming out of the bright blue star (at about 2 o'clock from IC4812) are?
Thanks a lot Slaw As to the source of the weird star spikes on that star...no idea first time I have seen this strange almost skewed pattern.. I have noticed complex diffraction spikes, of varying appearances, around bright stars with both my FLI cameras and with both my refractors (FSQ and AP152EDF) but not my Newt....strange how it is only that one star in the field too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
Very cool Big Mike. Nice processing. You didnt blow away the bright glob.

That's a dusty bugger and look at all those stars. Good star shapes right into the corners.

Dave
Thanks a lot Dave, wide dusty fields are good to shoot with this combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
A fabulous vista Mike. A grandious voyage across a dusty plain with some stunning blue highlights.

The star field is also very vibrant.

Greg.
Thanks Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
That's truly incredible Mike... I never thought I would see the day.

Not a single emoticon in your post.

Oh, and yes
that's a pretty good image as well.

best
~c

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
That's kinda NOICE!

Going to have to revisit it again with the FSQ-106 instead of the FSQ-85 like before. Interesting I got the red in the hockey stick swirl whereas yours doesn't show it.
Thanks Lewis, kinda noice I'll take that Not sure about the red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Thank you for presenting the 'big picture' here Mike. As you say, we are normally focusing on the pointy bit at the end so it is good to see a fine display of the surrounding area.
Love shooting these big dusty nebs, they are so etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado33 View Post
Seemingly every bit of dust there is clearly shown, so deep indeed, yet nothing is blown out, and the FSQ is so optically perfect, stars right in the corners exactly the same as in the middle not a hint of abberation. A truly stunning picture.
Thanks a lot Scott and yes the FSQ106EDX4 is a remarkable scope for sure...makes my job pretty easy really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Top shelf image again Mike - that shelf must be about to topple over with all the goodies on it now!
Lovely wide vista, pts the objects nicely into context - well done!
Thanks so much Andy, if I wasn't a mosaic-a-phobe...be cool to do one on this area

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Looks incredible Mike
Like flying around in outer space !

Best
Ja
Cheers Ja, hope you enjoyed the trip!