View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 01:11 AM
AstroTourist (Terry)
Show me the universe

TSE 2012 - More Information

Great article Mike. Very well written and all very useful information.

I have written an information sheet on the eclipse for the Astronomical Association of Queensland (AAQ). It is downloadable as a pdf from the AAQ website www.aaq.org.au Click on the image on the right hand side at the top of the home page. It is more for the general public but gives details of the path, timings etc and other usful stuff. It is planned to expand it with more information and details as the time of the eclipse approaches.

I spent two weeks in the eclipse path last November checking on such things as possible observing sites, access conditions (including all trafficable roads in the area from the east coast right through to the inland cattle stations and the indigenous communities on the west coast), weather patterns across the cape etc. and took lots of pickies.
I will be giving a presentation at NACAA in Canberra at Easter on the eclipse talking about the circumstances of the eclipse and info I gathered from the trip last year. It is on Sunday at 10:00 AM. For details of the talk see http://www.nacaa.org.au/2010/talks/116

Terry

Last edited by AstroTourist; 10-03-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: error fixed