View Single Post
Old 30-06-2020, 10:19 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
You can't plan your uploads when teleworking though. And to be honest, performance that is really hurting me (Upload) is a plain vanilla roughly 6mbps all day, every day anyway.....
Teleworking is not my only gripe if I decide to move to rural areas. My wife being profoundly Deaf, uses sign language to communicate and rely heavily on upload speeds being high for her video communication, including video interpreting. Right this moment, she is chatting away.

For this technology, the Upload/Download rate is running purely by statistics. The ratio of Download to Upload is based on consumer demand on average. Working from home may increase this stat but only for a short time. For the most part, while streaming video keeps going at this rate, then the ratio will remain the same.

The ratio is limited by bandwidth as with everything else so if the upload was to increase download would have to decrease. Wouldn't bother me, but streamers would complain and commercially would be detrimental.

The only thing that can be done is to manage this, preferably in an automated way individually, but that will cost money and not sure who would implement this.