View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
That is one superb shot Peter. Until you try to image at that FL you don't realise how hard it is to produce an image like this one with that kind of FWHM across such a large sensor. I've seen FSQ shots blurrier than that. Hat's off to you.
Thanks Marc. Imaging at 3400mm takes no prisoners that’s for sure . Even the slightest tracking error shows up. FSQ’s are far more forgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Bunn View Post
That sure is crisp, The colour rendition is superb!
Josh
. Thanks Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Crackerjack image Peter - Bold, original and unique framing, stunning colour palette and sharp as a TAK (lol) - I'll rate that image 5 trapezium stars
Ta Andy. As you have gathered there is alot more field that I cropped out for effect. The 4k x 4k file looks awesome...but I’d like to re-shoot the red channel as the seeing didn’t quite match the blue and green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Certainly has more of a 3D feel and dimension to it than most others on the internets. More uniquite in that respect. Then again, most images are with refractors or smaller newtonians

Closer to a Hubble image than a FSQ image
LOL sometimes you just have to take the senic drive, despite the traffic. Suffice to say image resolution and perceived sharpness are not equivalent. I have a cracker Sigma Art series lens that produces tack sharp imagery....but bugger-all image scale. The really tricky bit is to get both

Last edited by Peter Ward; 09-12-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: typo