View Single Post
Old 24-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

Ok.....I have seen my first planet Saturn with the help from Ken and Ving.......thankyou.

I spotted saturn easily once some of the fast moving low cloud dissapeared around 10:00pm last night.....11:00pm EDST.....then 15 mins later suddenly I was getting abused (Wife) no need to say anymore...lol...

I focused in on Saturn with my 25mm to spot, then I changed to my 6.5mm only to find each time I changed the eyepiece I managed ever so slightly to nudge the scope...lol...so this went on about 5 continuous times...once finaly fitted with the 6.5mm and in my FOV...haha had to throw that abrevo in.... the Monster(Wife) broke through her Chains and started abusing me of the time.

So I had a good 5 mins of actualy viewing time and found the focus was clear and considered the image to be very sharp but could not see any color....the conditions could have been better but should I be able to see some color on a good day......and considering the image was sharp..does this mean that my scope doesn't need collimating.......I just want to make sure my scope is set up right from the start...I would hate to think 3 months down the track that my scope was out of tune and I didn't know better.