View Single Post
Old 14-06-2010, 12:53 PM
orestis

11-6-10 Sketches

Hi Everyone,

It was a beautifull clear night and though it was very cold i just couldn't see a clear night pass me by,so out i took the telescope.

You might remember me posting a unfinished sketch of ngc 4755 and tonight i decided to really try and plot as much stars as i could and i plotted about 50 stars in all.I also sketched M80.

NGC 4755- This is an amazing cluster easily visible to the naked eye and easy to find.THe central star kappa crucis is a beautifull red coloured star which adds so much to the overall experience of this oc.there were about 8 or so bright stars framing the cluster and in between, a lot of little ones.lovely cluster.probally my favourite oc,that is untlill i discover more tremendous clusters.

M80-This was quite easy to find and once found this object was amazing.it was just so concetrated and fairly bright(you might note that it looks a little too bright in the sketch but i think that adds depth to the sketch).I don't think i could reslove any stars at all but on the edge of the glob i saw quite a bit of granularity.

All obs made with 130mm reflecter in clear calm conditions.seeing was average.

It was a lovely night and to top it off i saw a pretty bright meteor aswell.

thanks for looking,regards
Orestis

ps-yesterday afternoon at about 4:00pm before the sun had set i could clearly see venus,in daylight.its just so awesome to be able too see it in daylight.have you seen it in daylight?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (jewel box cluster2.JPG)
28.3 KB70 views
Click for full-size image (m80 2.JPG)
22.1 KB61 views