View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Swagman105 (Geoff)
swagman105

Critique requested

Been dabbling for a while but recently got my first images with a decently aligned set up (thanks to a polemaster) from my driveway in suburban Geelong.
I've posted three images Canopus, Orion nebula and a random faint starfield. They were taken using an old Vixen 80mm F9 (720mm) telescope I picked up cheaply from a garage sale because the Vixen Great Polaris (SD-1 controller) set up it was on didn't work and the scope had some fungus issue which I've since done my best to clean.
The images were taken with it now mounted on an Ioptron ZEQ 25 mount and a Canon M6 mirrorless with single exposures of approx. 60 seconds each at ISO 1600. There were clouds about and were caught slightly in the Orion image.
I noted the significant flaring around Canopus and some vignetting in the cloudier Orion image and wondered whether a better scope or technique could improve on these.
If there any other issues that readers might pick up in the images, comments that might help me in my future efforts would be respectfully appreciated.
Geoff
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Canopus.JPG)
184.6 KB68 views
Click for full-size image (Random faint starfield.JPG)
150.8 KB70 views
Click for full-size image (Orion Nebula.JPG)
199.3 KB79 views