View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 09:35 AM
mldee (Mike)
Photon sorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo.G View Post
Mike I haven't remotely looked at disassembling mine in any way. I purchased it a while ago and it had been used only 3 times when I bought it used. I've used it a further 3 times with our crappy weather.
A question you may know from the strip down:
Any sort of focuser holder, will that leave a gap between the mirror and new focus attachment point where a tube of some kind would have to be put in to stop the light leaking out before it gets to the more rear focus attachment point?

Thanks!
I'm about to go down the rabbit hole of finding out. Google will be my first friend, then (hopefully) slow but sure exploration.

It would appear that as long as I pay attention to the internal baffle tube, the whole rear assembly should come out after carefully removing the four backplate fixing screws. Obviously I'll remove the imaging train first and have plenty of soft towelling to support the mirror etc on removal.

I'll then be in a position to take some more pics and check out potential light leaks etc.

Will probably do all this on Monday and will keep you informed.

I disassembled my previous C8 a few times, so not too scared, and I'm confident of the laser + OCAL for future recollimation.

With all that, I did once manage to drop a C8 Schmidt front corrector plate while cleaning it. The pieces were very sharp........

Cheers,