View Single Post
Old 17-06-2008, 09:28 AM
allan gould

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gama View Post
Your right Rob, i myself have the Mrk-I and have no problem with it.
This is just more suited to those more finicky.
One advantage the MRK-I has, is its only 55mm length as apposed to 110mm. Im not sure if it includes the fan, but its not much if not anyway..

The biggest advantage, and what i like with the MRK-I is that you can have only 1 glass filter in the light path, plus you can remove it and clean the sensor as a DSLR.
But waiting for the next model is not the right way to go. When do you purchase ?, theres a new model all the time. As we speak, theres probably a MRK-III being pondered..or a MRK-IV, who knows.

The temp regulation will be external to keep noise down. The MRK-II has a built in Temp sensor that sends the data to the controller and computer (If connected), which then sends the corrections back to the camera for the temperature to be maintaned.

Theo.
Theo
I must be one of the finicky ones. I tried the QHY8 in its present form and what put me off was the naked chip and the clumsy drying mechanism involved. Sorry I saw that as a design flaw compared to other cameras. However this new incarnation is exactly what I wanted. Ill be one of the first cabs off the rank when they come out.
Regards, Allan