View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 AM
Enchilada
Enhanced Astronomer

Exclamation Possible TOS Change Requests

Requests for consideration please.

1) Under the TOS, there is the following listing

2. Respect
  1. Please show respect for others in the community, as you would expect to have respect shown to you.
  2. Please avoid posting something that is intended to cause a reaction. Don't call people names or attack them or their character.
  3. No racial slurs will be tolerated.
  4. Think before you post. Think before you press submit. Re-Read the original post and read your reply before posting.

After the last closed thread, I would kindly like to request, that point No.3 be extended to include discrimination / discriminatory practices against religion or disability, or towards other minority groups.

After the experience of a recent closed thread, really showed a significant weakness in the TOS. It should be noted.

Direct or subtle discrimination is unlawful in all areas of Australia and New Zealand.

2) Furthermore how does someone make a complaint of violations in a closed, thread?

3) Finally you might like to consider, in the disagreements between IIS users that occur from time to time, I would encourage techniques of moderators using strategies of contrition. In a recently close thread, the issue could have been avoided by polite respect for others opinions, feelings or beliefs. Just closing threads by diverting the debate or leaving the situation up in the air, leaves nothing but bitterness and resentment. Sometimes closing threads, especially when based on deep-felt moral or personal issues, is a dangerous practice. There is no outlet for a solution to solve this, and just avoiding problems rarely makes it go away.

I would kindly ask you to possibly consider revising these policies in TOS.