Thread: M42 attempt
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 08:22 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

When I raced (50 years ago☺) starts were critical...simple but easy to get wrong. They were "bike in nuetral" and hand in the air or on helmet.

So what could go wrong...three areas..you could take you eye off the starter for a split second in the excitement, you could fumble because you did not keep your hand wide open as you grabbed the clutch or you would let the engine revs creep to maximum making pushing the bike into gear hard.

So I would get to the line and say over and over to the exclusuon of everything, hand open, watch the tip of the flag, blip the motor...a three part mental list of the raw basics others forgot when under pressure...I always went thru that first corner no less than 4th (finished further back most times however☺)...my point we forget the simple things that one must do or at least check each time every time...recetly not flatning the grass under the paver one leg sat on brought me undone later as the mount moved slightly taking away the perfect PA I started out the night with...I have a mental list (which I am writing down) that I will look at in the future when I sit back after set up for a rest...its all about the little things☺ So easy to overlook balance for example....
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 14-02-2019 at 08:34 AM.