View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019, 09:29 AM
Jasp05 (Aaron)

Definately is worth the mod. Even if it took me a few hours due to being "over-cautious".

The focus I was playing with manually by hand. I must admit I only really looked through the view finder while trying to focus and I never took a photo and reviewed it. (Was running out the door for dinner).

And my 550D never had any shims on it... I questioned that in the instructions and looked everywhere in the body for some. but none were there. The sensor is mounted on springs which apply a fair bit of stiffness when screwing everything back together so maybe that was enough for my camera... (Wouldn't of thought they would space each camera on their individual characteristics??)

One thing I will say that is by leaving the LP1 filter in-tact I don't think I will worry about getting a UV-IR filter anytime soon. My stars are slightly bloated compared to my unmodded 1200D, but not to a point that it bothers me. (You have to compare side by side images to really notice).

But then again I'm still pretty new to this, (Just passed the 12 month mark), so maybe I just haven't developed enough of an aversion to these things yet.