Thread: Not improving
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Gavin1234

Thanks Glen, so I used a zwo071mc main camera cooled to -20. Sw Esprit100ED scope, CGX Mount. PHD2 for guiding with decent alignment. Sequence generator pro for exposures.

50 flats, 50 darks, 250 bias.

So using PixInsight I used blink to take out all the crap then I used subframe selector and took out the worst remainders based on FWHM then did the same again using SNRWeight. By the end of the time I stack the lights I’m left with 2/3rds of the originals subs i.e. 150 Dow to 100.

I’ve calibrated the darks and bias, then created masters before using them to calibrate the flats and then made a master flat. Then I calibrated the lights using the darks, bias and flat masters. Then I debayered them, then I aligned them, then I integrated them.

I usually do a small crop to start post processing, followed by an automatic background extraction, colour calibration, noise reduction using Atrous waveletTransform, Then I stretch with histogram transformation, then a curves transformation. That’s basically my workflow, but there are slight differences with each version for example in the first image I used tgvdenoise instead.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. I know none of these images are finished it’s just that I expected to see a much bigger difference at this stage in return for all the extra hours gathering data between the first image and the third.