View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

First at hand usage says it is a beautiful hand fit. I've had several KM's in the past and it was one of the big plus points on them all. At weddings they would just hang in your hand like an extension to your arm making them easy to use.
Menus are surprisingly easy to navigate, both setup and function.
Only operational noise is the lens movement ( or the unexpected flash head popup !! )
Very fast and very configurable, lots more to explore, haven't TOUCHED the movie modes.
I am impressed with the resolution and definition of the images, very smooth. I accidentally took a couple of completely black frames ( darks) and not a sign of any noise that I could discern at quite high magnification. That was one of my concerns after reading reviews but happy with result so far.
I will look into the AC supply maybe but I will get another battery and more card(s). It does seem to chew through the batery but then again I was playing with it a lot last night. Reviews says it meets it's stated number of frames (~500)
Spotted that my 70-300 tele has some chromatic abberation so will register that and adjust with the chroma controls, too cool !!

I have a job to do next Friday with it. Evening event with the big flash gun which I may have to tone down a bit, not sure if it is working in full control of the output although it is a dedicated SONY unit. I will carry the old 7D with me as well, mainly because of battery expectancy, nice to have some backup as well.

Astro, I have found the operate without lens option and manual controls are standard but I haven't found the 'see through clouds and rain' option yet. It will be there somewhere.
More to come as I get familiar with the beast...

But Happeeee !!

EDIT: I got the 90Mb \sec card, level 10.

Last edited by ZeroID; 07-12-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added some stuff ..