Thread: SBIG or QHY9
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Hagar (Doug)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
Hey Doug, He was taking darks through a thin plastic 2" cap on the end of the nose piece in a fully illuminated room... Those plastic caps, they are not light proof...

I had a near on identical looking dark frame from my ST10 when I did the exact same thing, thinking that the cap would be enough considering the camera had a shutter.. Not the case... I then put the camera into my scope and took darks with the metal cap on the scope - problem solved...
You are making a lot of assumptions there Alex. He states only that the camera was cooled with the shutter closed and the camera covered. At no point does he mention a plastc cover. Assuming it was a plastic cover the light patern would likely be something other than a straight line away fom the edge of the frame.

You were certanly quick enough to cast up teething problems with he QHY9 dating back to when it was released. And just as quick to make excuses in this case.

Let see what happens, I can take daks in a fully lit room with the qy8pro covered properly and I would assume hat this gentleman has sed a DSLR and would know how to take a dark. But you never know.
The ST is adverised as having a shutter for taking Dark Frames???