View Single Post
Old 13-09-2008, 11:50 AM
gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Our group varies in number, we have a core of 12 plus we get the occasional tourist passing through town and occasional professional people that get posted out here for short periods of time.
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the response. It's great to hear the core group has a dozen regulars.
Plus the occasional professional or tourist!

Quote:
Within our core group we have a fair range of equipment, Robinson College has an 8" Dob that is available to us and within the group is a 16" Bintel Dob, 12" Bintel Dob, 12" Lightbridge, 10" Lightbridge, 8" Bintel Dob, Celestron C-8 and a Meade ETX. We also have 15 x 70 Binoc's on a trapezium mount and various other sets of binoculars.
A nice range of equipment and all handy enough that can be readily transported.

Quote:
The Argo Navis will be a real boon for group observing and obviously will cut down the time it normally takes us to star hop to the particular target we want to observe. That said, I am very fond of my Herald Bobroff Astro Atlas and I am very pleased with the Argo feature that refers to the HB chart number for the target object.
It certainly is an excellent atlas and highly recommended.

We bump into Peter at the occasional star party and we were only chatting to
him a couple of weekends ago whilst walking along the the shores of Lake Hume
at the Border Stargaze near Albury.

Speaking of Border Stargaze, we've chatted on the telephone about your own public outreach
work there in Broken Hill, and you will be pleased to know that the ASAW, that runs Border Stargaze,
is doing a fabulous job in their part of the country. Petra mentioned they had about a thousand people pass
through at the Border Stargaze, many of them local school kids.

Thanks again for the follow up.

Best Regards

Gary