View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 08:25 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I(...)
My results:
Laptop 1 (win7) consistently shows them (one in 10-20 images).
Laptop 2 (win10) never does. This one has USB3 but the cam86 is USB2 so it should not make a difference, unless the problem is caused by the chipset/drivers itself.
The CPU load does not seem to affect anything.

Gilles, which operating system are you using with your Indi drivers? I didn't get a chance to try them out on my main PC (linux) yet, have to figure out how to use Indi first

Pat, which operating system were you using with your old computer (that was showing lines) and which one are you using now (computer not showing lines).
May i suggest you to check if your laptops ar using different versions of D2XX libraries ?
For sure, FT2232 doesn't buffer anything, it sends data with the rythm given by the atmega. It's the driver's job to catch data.

My driver is running on Odroid XU4 for the server side, and kstars runs as a client either on windows 7 PC ( YES : kstars/ekos for windows !!!), or 2 or 3 classical Ubuntu distros (better with lastest 16.10 as indi is moving very fast).
Will soon try on Raspbery pi 3 as server, freshly arrived under christmas tree.
I added yesterday to my driver the ability to play with different baudrates for the 2 channels of FT2232, just to see...
If you need help to try, do not hesitate !