View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 PM
GC - South Aus

May have found the initial problem

G'day Everyone

Well thanks for the assistance so far.

I tried, then I tried again that in the end I had to try so hard to not throw the thing through the window.

But, late last night I started to formulate an opinion that it may actually be the router which is the issue. So I did a little research and found an interesting comment in the manual (which you can only get online) that the DHCP function needs any device (i.e. computer) attached to accept IP from the router.

It says:

Note:
To use the DHCP server function of the Router, you must configure all computers on the LAN as "Obtain an IP Address automatically".

So I started to think maybe the StarBook can't do this, or perhaps it is just too difficult to setup the DHCP for this router.

I thought maybe I could grab an old NetGear router from an old junk box in the garage to test to see if with this connected it will perhaps change the IP on the StarBook.

So I just connected it up turned it on and within 2 seconds the IP on the StarBook changed to that of the NetGear router but serial '2' at the end of the address instead of '1'.

Looks like it is some kind of issue in setting up the Nano Router with the StarBook, which is weird because I have read about other people using it ok with StarBook.

I got home late tonight so haven't had the time to go any further, will try and set everything up with the iPad tomorrow to test.

But, (touch wood) so far it is looking good!

Thanks again

Gav