View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Paul Haese

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Great image Paul. Respectfully n skilfully processed data. I love it. Good to see your Newtonian performing so well
Thanks Suavi, it's just starting to show me some results, though there is a bit more work to fine tune it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
That's a big wow from me too

However, I think it's even better without the distracting bright star at 10 o'clock.

An old trick in pro photography is to turn the image upside down and see where the eye goes first...inevitably it will be to the brightest part of the image.
That's great if that's where you want it to go, but in this case, it's dominating the galaxy which is the hero of the story imo.

Soo many galaxies to see, wonderful field indeed - great stuff Paul
Thanks Andy, I had considered rotating the image but I had grown accustomed to ignoring the bright star in the foreground. Most of the time I just ignore stars altogether excepting when stars in my images are not round, then it bothers me.

I get what you are saying about composition and making sure the galaxy is focus of the image, but sometimes bright stars just get in the way no matter where they are placed.