View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Nico13 (Ken)
Galaxy Hunting

SPC900NC Webcam adapted to SLR lens

Hi guys,
Have been looking at making an adapter for my webcams to improve the flexibility and make them more useful.

I have two of them and intend to use one for guiding with pHD and the other for AVI capture so needed an adapter or in fact two if not shooting through the main scope so was going to use some old macro extension tubes for the parts needed, the bayonet rings for the SLR lens to fit to.

Was giong to machine up some alloy blocks to fit the rings to and bore out the back side to fit the std adapter. While playing with the bits I found the 22mm ext tube was the perfect spacing back from the lens for good focus and the std webcam adapter fitted a perfect push fit in the back.
A couple of holes in the back to block off to stop outside light entering but that's about all to make it useable.

This will allow me to use any lens from long tele lens to a short wide field lens. I'll still have to machine one block up as I don't have two 22mm ext tubes the same but this will get me going quickly for the guide camera, with a shorter lens than the one in the pictures below of course.

All I need now is a clear sky.

Nico.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMGP9744.jpg)
160.0 KB98 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP9739.jpg)
77.0 KB123 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP9737.jpg)
153.7 KB113 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP9735.jpg)
66.0 KB115 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP9731.jpg)
154.6 KB149 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP9729.jpg)
198.3 KB117 views