View Single Post
Old 30-03-2022, 07:11 AM
bojan
amateur

Hi Bert,

Thank you for quick reply.
Mostly I am using mobile phone and OnCue app, connection is via BT (web server doesn't work reliably for some reason, it keeps dropping connection so I gave up on that).
When initializing, I noticed app send the correct time to OnStep (+10, despite daylight saving). Or CdC running on lap/comp via USB (BT doesn't work on comps for another reason..)

Everything else you mentioned seems to be the same as for Bartels, so I think there should be no issue there.. and I am pretty sure the transmission ratio used in Config.h is also correct (in my case I am using the same numbers as used with Bartels (but converted to units used by OnStep)). Perhaps I need to check that again as well..
As to Ritchie's Nexstar mount - when testing, GoTo seemed to be OK, but because I didn't have scope when doing modification, I didn't test tracking rate - it seemed to be OK, judging by shadow of the the mount.

At the moment mu dobson is dismantled (I am sorting out some mechanical issues (lack of vertical shaft rigidity), so I cant verify anything before this was sorted.
Anyway.. thank again for your feedback :-)
Bojan