Thread: S&T in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 10:30 AM
ngcles
The Observologist

Hi All,

As many of you know I used to be a contributing editor to both the US and Australian edition, though it was now seven years ago that I ceased writing for them and I have no association with them or the current owners.

Here is a statement from the current Editor-in-Chief about the situation with the parent company & etc:

For those who haven't seen it, here's the official announcement from S&T's Editor in chief:

To our loyal subscribers and other supporters:

As many of you have heard, F+W Media, which owns Sky & Telescope, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on March 10, 2019.

I want to reassure you that, during our parent company's restructuring process, Sky & Telescope will continue to publish. It's business-as-usual with our magazine, website, products, and tours as we seek a qualified buyer for our brand. Our expectation is that we'll be bought by a new owner in the next few months, without major disruption to the magazine or other elements of our business.

In the meantime, I ask for your patience and understanding as we work our way through this involved process. Please know that I and the rest of the staff have every confidence that Sky & Telescope will emerge from this restructuring not only intact but better equipped to serve you in our shared passion for astronomy. We are committed to preserving S&T's legacy well into the future.

As always, thank you for your loyal support. It means more to us now than ever.

Sincerely,

Peter Tyson
Editor in chief
Sky & Telescope

I wouldn't be in a hurry to write them off.