View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 08:15 AM
QLD_Astrofest (Committee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
While I appreciate all the effort to make AF camper/van friendly and understand the spirit for first come etc, the uncertainty about the caravan capability makes this quite a stressful dilemma...it’s tough to justify dragging the van up there without knowing there’s a suitable spot for it.

A couple of nights in my pop-up tent might be my limit this year
Hi Duncan,

We have recently received confirmation that the Gaga Pit will not be installed until September, so it will not impact on this years Astrofest. Lions are complying to the Sommerset Regional Council's regulation on caravans, and so positions are defined by that, and not how the Queensland Astrofest did it in the past. We hope to learn soon the exact position of the future Gaga Pit so as to plan for next year.

Having said that, we have also just been made aware that the land-owner next door is allowing camping and small camper-vans along the fence, but NOT caravans. We are opening negotiations as to see if this is a safe and viable option for us as this could relieve some of the pressure on camping.

I am not fully aware of the level of demand for caravan space this year, so the best bet would be to contact Wendy at registrar_AT_qldastrofest.org.au, outline your projected stay if you would like to be there for most of the camp. Spots will be allocated as people register and requests for preferred positions will be supported as much as possible. We would appreciate as much notice as possible if your plans change so we can maximise the use of these spots.

Hopefully this will help you decide, as we look forward seeing to all our regular and new attendees at the 25th year of the Queensland Astrofest.