View Single Post
Old 26-12-2015, 11:24 PM
TR (Terry)

Well, that was interesting watching my original statement morph away from the original text. Observing various recollections shifting based on the last popular posting. Kind of like that Chinese whispers game.

Geezzzz Paul. Where did you get the notion that I was picking on you. I believe that my original text on this topic involving your images were giving you a complement. Stating that you were able to “process” your images to extract features and details that would not be seen otherwise in the original data. Anyway, i just wish people wouldn't read more into a statement than what is written.

Furthermore, I did not mention David Malin in my original text, nor did I mentioned HDR processing. Yes, I did mention suppressing blown highlights which is something we all do (if we are honest). I will not give examples as I do not want to be accused of picking on someone again.

My original text is purely a comment on the hypocritical use of a phrase that is often used to bolster a certain persons bizarre and competitive ego. Perhaps my images are not in the category as others, but I’m happy with the images that I create. I really enjoy sharing them with my wonderful wife, family, and friends. I love getting our under the stars with fellow imagers, looking up, and imaging the wonderful objects above. Watching this topic mutate where following comments made that have nothing to do with the original text shows people are not following the complete thread.

Personally, I like digging into the core of the Galaxy or bright nebula and exposing all those wonderful hidden treasures. That is why I have telescope. It’s for my enjoyment, an instrument that allows the exploration of the cosmos. Spaceships just cost too much and are very slow. Although, it would give some the opportunity to brag about their possessions. Several hours of data from a telescope in no way represents what you would see visually. I manipulate the data I have captured, and present it in a way that I find interesting. It’s art. After all, they are only pretty pictures. Why would I feel compelled to put artificial restrictions on an object’s presentation? Simply present an object that is aesthetically pleasing yourself. It is your work. You’re not working for someone else. Have fun with it.

Terry