View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 02:20 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Peter,

I will give you the whole document so you can go through step by step from set up to drivers and operational procedures, that way nothing is overlooked

I spent 2 weeks bench testing and 2 nights live testing the latest version of Stellarium 0.20.3 with EQMOD together with the latest version of Ascom 6.5 to ensure everything worked without fail

The only thing I found during night testing which I don't think is documented in my procedures is when you centre a Star and you want to Sync it as an alignment point , you have to minimise the EQMOD control panel to the tool bar , then press Cntrl, hold it then press Shift, hold it then press 1 ( don't press them all together , press them one behind the other 1 sec apart in that order) then the Sync function works perfectly and an alignment point is registered in the EQMOD (extended window ) point count box. You can then bring the EQMOD control panel back on the screen again and continue to slew and goto etc.....

Attached is the procedure for the latest Ascom controlled Stellarium and EQMOD telescope control using USB2 cable connection

The procedure also mentions I used Stellariium 0.20.1 but it should have read 0.20.3

Hope this helps

Any issues just reply back

Martin