View Single Post
Old 13-11-2018, 04:58 PM
silv (Annette)

Quote:
It is hoped that viewing practical instruction in stereoscopic 3D will improve student learning in Surgery, Anatomy, and Clinical skills.
Great! I think so. There'll be "types of brains" or types of learners who are fine with learning from 2D information like the one we've been fed since the 90s' personal computer revolution. Other types benefit from or need the immersive experience to store the information in their memory circuitry. "Being there", best even manipulating the visual info with a glove maybe, making it a spacial experience of their body and mind.

The devices today, I believe, with ever smaller screens, amputate areas of the brains of types of perceptions/learners/brains. (Leading to, I believe, psychological issues, as well).
Just the haptic 3D-experience of handling a book rather than a 5-9" device, with the pages count growing thinner on the left side, growing on the right side, making it*lighter and heavier respectively, aides storing the information. Static layout/formatting of the handled paper pages aides memorising orientation in the book and photographic memory.
Giving the brain a better clue that one book is different form the other also helps separating and storing information. I think.

Since there's no going back into the paper book world, adding other spacial experiences during lessons/information uptake will help the different types of brains/learners.

Cute cameras you are privileged to handle in your project.

I think, editing one's DSO pictures for creating 2 almost identical slideshows, shifting the pictures in one slightly to the side, , - and then looking at the slideshow through Google Cardbox-type thingies would create a wonderful new experience of one's own creations, too.