Thread: Morning Planets
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 12:48 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardon View Post
Inspired by all your comments and by a stroke of luck I was awake at 6 a.m. with darkened sky and adapted eyes and was astounded at the sheer glamour of Mars picking its way through the brilliant starclouds of Sagittarius and all of this through a simple pair of 8X42 binox. I am impressed by the speed of Mars heading west as it catches up on the leisurely Saturn and like you guys look forward to the rewarding conjunctions in the days ahead.
It certainly beats waiting to see if the evening sky settles into dew or mediocre viewing at this time of year. My son caught a great image of Venus last evening with just an iphone camera X10 which I will attempt to post today. I have been getting a window of naked eye views of Venus for about 20 minutes most clear evenings but Mercury has headed back to the sun and is now beyond me. Clear mornings, Eugene
Eugene..MARS is screaming along..
Had a look at the GRS last night when I got back home..it was RED and NOT Salmon or Greyish in the 130mm Apo with a 6mm Tak Abbe, which I then Barlowed and straight away noticed the Contrast reduced somewhat..Always the case with 7 elements or more..NO matter what they tell you...will follow up on Corvus...only 2 type 6 and one Delos left because of that...Dual ED 5MM excellent though, with 6 Elements.

bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 18-03-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding