View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 08:56 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you Ray for your kind encouragement. I can almost hear those who I irritate saying ...oh please don't encourage him��.

Still I certainly hope my efforts and my accounts of how even at an old age with an motivation destroying condition should be no reason not to do your best.

I have a philosophy of being kind and encouraging to all I meet in the real world..particularly those folk who are invisible to most..the check out girls, the shopping centre cleaners...the guys who round up the trolleys...and it is so rewarding...to go to the shopping centre and have a guy in a turbine introduce his new co worker with pride that he knows me...the occassions where the waiter at a coffee shop brings me a sandwich and says...this one is on the house...to be in hospital and have even the doctors like you because you have treated them as delicate humans.
When I had my operation the tea ladies would bring me savoury biscuits with cheese when everyone else got two milk arroroots...and I swear that I got meals that were destined for the Superintendent ��.

One only has to look at all the sad faces in the croud to know that I little praise is much needed.

I see it this way..I have been extremely fortunate with parents who never pressured me to win and told me that all they xpected was for me to do my best and that single thing actually allowed me to win every competition I ever went in...I translate doing my best to near die trying but feel no pressure to succeed...funny really.

And be kind to all creatures..little spiders , the humble fly even things that bite and one can let them annoy you such that you casually lash out and kill them...don't be the one to take their short existence away from them.

And I do love this place and all the wonderful people so I try to help in the only way that I know how.

Alex