View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

QHY8 takes a holiday in LaLa land.

I need calm and reassuring words from QHY8 buffs. Have a look at the attached. Lat night I had a crack at IC434 trough my ED127 North Group APO. 10 minute subs. The image is not processed beyond some curves to bring up the weirtd stuff. But what the %^$%# is all that spurious light and light effects?
So today I have spent the past 4 hours with it, trying to track down the culprit. The next 2 images are:
1. The one with the red/brown hue and the very bright vertical band is the starting point. It's only a 60 sec sub;
2. This is one after I have put black tape on everything - and in particular around the S-Video, USB and power connectors on the camera. That seems to have supressed the more patent vertical band. That image, with the blue corners is a 5 min sub.

{Edited in] These last 2 are taken with the lens cap firly on and all possible entry points for external light blocked (as far as I can tell).

It isn't internal reflections. The same pattern persists in the same place whichever way I turn the camera on its axis. So whatever it is, it's coming from the camera housing or the chip.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Peter

Last edited by pmrid; 23-11-2009 at 02:54 PM.