View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
The problem I have with such monster capacity HDD is there's no longer any backup media that can viably be used to make a complete backup of the content able to be written to such a drive.
100%

I have been into "IT", started two computer clubs, and built my computers from the 486's will soon be building my sons new gaming machine

I have four 4Tb drives in my PC, and have external WD backups. The way to backup hard drives now are hard drives, use your older ones to make backups,

NEVER put all your eggs in one basket.

These drives are great, IF you have the same size externally NOT internally to backup to, why not internally, because viruses etc can migrate drive to drive when on, external drives should only be on when backing up. IF you have an external drive for daily use separate the backup drive until needed.

My son is a gamer, larger drives are a must for him, but it is like photographers who shoot weddings they set out in the morning with a 512Gb card in their camera and shoot all day, good luck.

I shoot 4 different cards during the day, if one packs up I have not lost everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Dscn0481.jpg)
52.6 KB31 views