View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
I also had a hell of a time installing an fli focuser driver it in vista32 with maxim, however on my laptop which has vista64 the fli installer was all it needed.

In vista32 I had to migrate my ascom profile (instuction here http://astroanswers.org/questions/99...m-5-5-or-later )and manually register the libfli.dll to get it to work.

Hope this can help someone else, it seems timely for me as my observatory just got flooded and the computer just went under. I hate reloading astro drivers....

Brett
Vista may well be a bit different. Win 7 does seem to be an improvement over Vista.

Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsayer View Post
I have had the same problem with CCDsoft and FLI filterwheels - in WinXP for me - both with connection direct from the Proline camera USB hub and also with a USB cable direct from PC to CFW. Astroart was also unable to see the FLI filterwheel due to the driver issue. CCDsoft can also have trouble with focusers such as the PDF. Eventually got the driver for the CFW sorted in two laptops.
guy
Its a bummer though to have to use 2 laptops! I wonder if the same fix will help you. Locate the libfli.dll in the Finger Lakes Instrumentation directory. Note its date and copy it.

Now locate the libfli.dll in Windows/system32/ and note the date. If it is older then replace it with the one you copied and it may now work. That is all I did and all I was told to do by Yahoo User group member who spent some time finding out how it is done.

Greg.