View Single Post
Old 31-05-2010, 04:45 PM
NJB (Noel)

Thanks for your comments Gary. Yes I did get the metal clips from Bunnings too. I have thrown the pack away, and I can't remember what they were called.... no, wait... I've found the receipt. They are listed as (quoting exactly what's on the receipt) "CLIP TOOLS SIDDONS 30MM CD4 VIC0030" at $5.97 for a pack of 4, if that is any help. They were clips for hanging brooms and tools from. I was just lucky they were 30 mm ones which was just the size of the paint extension pole. The three clips hold the pole quite firmly, but I can still remove it if I have to. And yes, they do provide a nice place for the cables to run through.

I'm hoping tonight's the night I can finally get the telescope out and test it out.

Regards,
Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Hi Noel,

Thanks for the post.

It is always great to hear that when a customer loves their Argo Navis they come
back a second time. Thank you and we appreciate your support.

Thanks for the photos and I see you have installed the SkyWatcher Dob encoder kit
and look good to go. The "Bunning's" stalk is nicely executed as well! I note the
metal clips you used along the length of the pole to both affix it to the side of the
rocker and which double to help dress the cable. These are most clearly seen in
your last photo. Did you also source these from your local Bunnings and do
you have a handle on what they were called? It is always great to be able to point
people to solutions such as these.

Once again, thanks for purchasing an Argo Navis again!

Best Regards

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place, Mount Kuring-Gai
NSW. 2080. Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
Fax +61-2-9457-9593
sales@wildcard-innovations.com.au
http://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au