View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 02:09 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

What do your Planet Capture Video's Look Like, here's mine

Hi all, ,

Thought to post a Video 'iPhone' in my case,,, as to show how a Planet 'Looks' on-screen during capture, ?

Could be interesting for others who may be inquisitive in this regard as I think it could help a little with Planet imaging for those learning, like myself, so to speak.
It is one experience to see posted (Final Processed Images) of Planets here & some occasional detail on "Capture' eg. FPS,, Amount of frames stack, , Etc,,, Tho, seeing the actual Video could aid in ones efforts, & possibly help understand how it appears/happens at the Live Screen, particularly the planet's appearance.

And, there is the 'infamous' conditions at the time, "SEEING" to consider, which is what I am particularly interested in.

I have used the Capture Prog: Fire Capture, tho any program will do, if you choose to share one ?

In my/this particular Video, The Telescope is my 12" Meade ACF at Prime Focus ! The sky/atmosphere conditions where approx, 3/5 for seeing;;; & 6/10 Transparency !
Saturn was sitting quite steady, but not looking 'sharp' which is rather normal for here

Also To-Note : I have the planet capture window set to 150% to enlarge it for the view. may need to be considered if one chooses to look with an eye to detail of the planets appearance during capture in these conditions ?

U-Tube Link : https://youtu.be/mGN_7TtbHlM

Hope this thread helps