View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 11:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

And so much for newtonians being needing adjustment. The 8 inch was driven from Sydney to Tabby and never collminated.
It is as it came from the shop Andrews and 750 klms car ride.
The focuser is a pain it needs something and the camera slopes in the focuser. A bit of felt maybe ..but the thing can drop out I suspect and needs some safty thing if nothing else...but pretty happy. My lining the scope up at stationary home got csp in no time.
I think I got 2 minutes and it was not bad but it was real close for the way i did it. But a auto guide would have been happy I think.
Flaw in the system was the battery charger ..it did not work and I was going to take the solar apanel...and need a table and chair. The eq6 and everything is a bit heavy but I take it easy and I can manage it really ok..its a bit like hard work but with my legs and lazy age I be happy to pay someone to set it up...Gotta be worth $50 ...yes I might try and get my daughter to set up and pay her money that I would give her normaly..good way to instill work ethic maybe.
But not having power saw me using the car battery and I did not feel good risking draining the battery by using the lap top...I had no jumper leads. I think I will instal a solar panel on the roof of the car and carry a battery which charges from the drive and then the solar panel to top it up. I had a small genny but the charger packed it in...so no charger no panel and thats my excuse...plus I could not set up with out a table.

alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 08-01-2018 at 11:59 PM.