Thread: Ngc 5078
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2018, 04:00 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
That's exquisite! Beautiful realistic processing. Lovely composition. Both the object selection and your handling of it are motivating.

Welcome back!
Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcatcher View Post
What a beautifully imaged pair of galaxies, nicely framed with that bright yellow star. That's the Sony 178 chip is it?
Thanks Kevin! Yes, that's the Sony IMX178. I was worried when I first got it because it has banding that changes every frame, and in my initial tests showed significantly inconsistent median values as well, so I wasn't sure how it would calibrate out. Turns out, pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Very nice image, well done.
Thanks Bart :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Very nice, Lee! Perhaps just a little dark? Maybe you need another 10 hours of data
Thanks Rick! I could stretch it some more, but preferred the darker look on this one. That may well change given some time away from it as is often the case. Might have looked at it too much.

I'll probably put some more time into this tonight and tomorrow night and then might call it done. Bad timing now to start a new broadband target given the moon phase, but dark enough for the next two nights that it'd be a waste to use it on a NB or bright target.