View Single Post
Old 30-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I just received my CFF 105mm F6 APO oiled triplet with FPL55 glass.
It has a 3.2 inch Feathertouch rotating Focuser with microfocuser.

The most amazing part is the test report on the optics. .993 strehl! I have never heard of a strehl that high before in a scope. I am wondering if its in part a result of using the FPL55 glass which is the same performance as FPL53 but better polishing qualities.

The scope is super well made with flocked interior of the dewshield and a nice sliding and locking dewshield, pearly white paint and the scope comes with a handle, rings and dovetail plate plus a mounting point for the finder scope.

I got a field flattener designed to cover a 16803 sensor. I only now need an adapter from the flattener to the FLI cameras. Later I'll get a Starlight Feather touch focuser electronic focus unit.

It comes with a soft case. I used to have a TEC110 F5.6 fluorite and it had a TEC made lightweight focuser which was too light weight for FLI cams. I think this scope will surpass the TEC, time will tell. Its an alternative to FSQ scopes (I have had an FSQ106N and an FSQ106EDX111 both good but I wanted something different).

Photos later.

First light is likely to be using a full frame mirrorless if I can find some attaching adapters.

Very excited.

Greg.
I'm sure it's a lovely scope, but I have to say that test report is pretty strange. "Mirror roc" is 630mm - firstly it's not a mirror And secondly, the ROC is twice the focal length in any case. This must be misprinted? The P-V surface error is supposedly 1/8 wave but the strehl is 0.993? VERY optimistic prediction. And the actual surface doesn't lie either, with there being a pretty big turned down edge. I'd be interested to see an actual star test though! Congrats on your purchase!